miércoles, 7 de marzo de 2007

Reflexion del Brother Trey


We are halfway home on spring break. Only a few days until the usual routine returns to break the monotony of having free time. My question is do we get another time off to recover from this week? The best part of this week is still using the time to connect with my two children. We went on a few adventures into town to eat and play. We stayed home some days to just do stuff around the house. We will at the least make another trip or two to run errands or just get past cabin fever. Yesterday I mowed the winter weeds with the assistance of my youngest who likes to sit on my leg until it becomes numb. We also tried hooking up some cooking contraption that probably laughed at us while we attempted in vain to get it to work. There are photographs of a few of our outings. There are none that will embarrass anyone...too much. One of the things about the followers of our Lord in scripture is they seldom seem bored. It is true some of those times were a bit more dangerous than we prefer. There is nothing like facing down a giant with a bag of rocks to get the heart rate up. Can you imagine looking at a bush that burns without going out and not feel a tad bit excited? In my mind the disciples of Jesus had to wake up each day wondering what great thing He would do that would be more than He did the day before. One day they see the deaf begin to hear. One day they watch a blind person begin to see. They go out on a boat ride with Jesus not knowing they would see Him stand up and tell a storm to be quiet. No, I don't think boredom was an issue for these followers.We get so wrapped up in our ruts we leave no room for those unusual moments when God chooses to show Himself. This week is a reminder not only of the adventure of being a follower but also of the fun. Life is short as well as difficult. We prayed tonight in our prayer time about people who are really having trouble. My heart hurts when we hear about those who are terminal or facing what seems impossible scenarios. We begin to focus so much on our issues we miss the vision of what God wants to do in life. We start missing those moments of joy that our God wants to give. This week has been a gift in that spending time with my son and daughter offers me time to just smile or laugh. It allows me the time to listen to God in the midst of moments where I might miss Him otherwise. Soon it will be time for me to sleep. I hope I wake up with that anticipation of wonder what great thing God will do in the day.Bro. Trey

No hay comentarios.: